Design & Development Engineer
A leading 1st tier automotive supplier located in the West Midlands are currently looking to strengthen their engineering team with the appointment of Design & Development Engineer.
Located at their facility near Wolverhampton, the Design & Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing innovative solutions to the design and updating of the companies range of products
- Design and detailing including geometric tolerancing, of production/prototype components using Pro/Engineer, CATIA V5 for components manufactured from Injection moulding, aluminium castings, Stamping & Pressings, and machined parts.
- Perform risk analysis of products through the use of tools such as FMEA’s, DFM & DFA
- Liaising with internal and external customers (OEMS) and suppliers, whilst promoting product improvements, cost downs and ease of manufacture.
- Execution of Engineering Changes to production components and full maintenance of the Bill of Material (BOM) system
- Provide technical support to the sales team and develop customer specific test programmes and complete all necessary reports.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other suitable engineering discipline.
- Product development experience.
- Familiarity with PDM maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of production manufacturing and quality techniques.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Products) together with proven ability with CATIA and/or Pro Engineer (CREO)
- Experience of pressure die cast, gravity die cast, sand cast and injection moulding component
Ideally coming from a 1st tier manufacturer you will have the ability to communicate at all levels, internal and external, you will have previous exposure of FMEA, DFA, DFM and automotive quality tools and systems, TS16949, QS9000 or ISO 14000/1 procedures.
You will also have comprehensive skills in design using Pro Engineer (CREO) and CATIA V5.
This is a permanent opportunity and only applications from candidates seeking permanent employment will be considered.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.