Design Engineer (RB1)
We are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer that has proven experience in the use and application of CATIA v5/v6.
Working for an automotive supplier that design, manufacture and supply plastic parts to the UK and European automotive OEM’s, the CATIA Design Engineer will:
- Create 3D models of components suitable for manufacture, applying standard techniques – DfM/DfA..
- Create 2D detailed drawings of components as required and associated mould tools, jigs and fixtures and other ancillary equipment as required to support manufacture.
- Assist with all component feasibility studies across new projects.
- Liaise with tooling suppliers as and when required and support Project Management teams with customer design reviews, ensuring that design solutions meet the program requirements.
- Create CAD data according the inputs given by engineering & customer engineering teams.
- Ensures that product designs consider: Design for Assembly, Design for Manufacture together with Finite Element Analysis Data and Dimensional Variation Analysis
- Pulling out and archiving CAD data into internal and customer based data applications (e.g. PDM systems)
The successful candidate will:
- Hold suitable engineering qualifications, degree or HND
- Have at least 5 years related experience within a tier 1 automotive design environment, preferably CATIA.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of job-related technical skills: GD&T, DFM, DFA, CAE/FEA
- Be able to provide expert knowledge in plastic engineering tooling and manufacturing
- Have Proven skills in surface and solid modelling, coupled with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office based software
- Demonstrate skills and experience within the automotive industry
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that currently suppliers to UK and European automotive OEM’s and are not particularly governed by one client offering further scope and development.
Please note this is a PERMANENT opportunity and is open to all EU citizens/passport holders as our client does not have the capacity to offer sponsorship!
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time