Design Engineer (RB1)
A Global Automotive 1st tier supplier of complex interior systems are currently looking to strengthen their engineering team with appointment of Design Engineers (CATIA V5/V6).
Due to continued growth, this Midland based Automotive 1st tier supplier seeks a Design Engineer with proven experience with CATIA V5 together with solid experience in interior trim design.
The responsibilities of Design Engineer will include:
- Design of complex components from concept to mass production taking in to consideration customer specific requirements and Design for Manufacture & Assembly.
- Being responsible for delivering full component designs to meet the required technical performance, quality and timing targets defined by each customer/OEM.
- Support internal and external design feasibility reviews when necessary together with any design release requirements.
- The ability to create detailed representations of design issues, taking in to consideration material usage and manufacturability.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or HNC/HND with relevant automotive design experience
- Have proven experience of Interior Trim or Plastic Parts Design specialising in CATIA V5/V6
- Have detailed knowledge and awareness of GD+T definition and application
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and cost constraints to deliver designs within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Have high level experience in the use of Microsoft office packages, together with excellent communication and presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading automotive 1st tier suppliers that are recognised for their innovation and success in delivering cost effective, professional solutions across their OEM client base.
This is a permanent employment opportunity.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.