Development Engineer (RB1)
We are currently recruiting for a Development Engineer/Applications Engineer for an automotive client that supply plastic moulded parts to UK and European OEM’s.
As Development Engineer you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of all aspects of project and product development prior to and in to manufacturing taking in to consideration manufacturing performance, cost reductions and communication between engineering and operations.
Additional duties of the Development Engineer will include:
- Provide an effective interface between engineering and operations.
- Integrate ongoing quality objectives into the department to determine future product methodology, including support of APQP/PPAP throughout project phase.
- Increase throughput, whilst continually looking to improve Quality Performance and RFT.
- Act on problem areas or parts and facilitate cost effective problem resolutions.
- Monitor continuous improvement solutions in an accurate and detailed manner and provide documented evidence of the cost effectiveness.
- Support the operators and work together to create standard operating procedures.
- Pro-actively participate in team based problem solving, engineering, and project management based activities.
- Communicate proven solutions or methods across all cells and escalate through operations teams to provide full understanding of new processes and improvements.
The successful candidates will be educated to degree level in an engineering discipline, preferably with an understanding/experience of CATIA.
You should be fully versed with the principles of Continuous Improvement, whether that be Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or KAIZEN, coupled with solid awareness of injection moulding process.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation who, through continued successful delivery continue to win and be nominated for new automotive projects.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.