Feasibility Engineer (RB1)
Automotive biased Feasibility Engineer, first tier automotive supplier.
The objective of this position is to ascertain the feasibility of OEM designs described in either CAD models, printed concepts and or clay models. The Feasibility Engineer must be capable of establishing the most appropriate tooling concepts, manufacturing methods and material selection whilst working with OEM Engineering teams.
As Feasibility Engineer you will be charged with:
- Participating in initial design meetings with OEM to establish manufacturing feasibility and material selection
- Develop component concept in discussion with OEM and internal Engineering / CAD departments
- Advise on tooling concepts for Injection Moulded components and ensure DFM is undertaken
- Lead DFM activities and interrogate mould flow simulations.
- Create and maintain E-BOM and manufacturing BOM files based on CAD, customer BOM, Siemens and other internal data during Feasibility phase of enquiries
- Create and develop internal Tool Matrix throughout cycle of enquiry
- Create and maintain Supplier RFQ’s throughout enquiry phase and evaluate potential changes.
- General administration duties to support department and business requirements
The successful candidate:
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering discipline
- CAD skills (Catia V5) would be an advantage
- Automotive background essential
- Injection Mould tool construction / design
- Analysis of Mould Flow simulation
In addition to the above, the role demands sufficient experience in injection moulding tooling to enable DFM work to be undertaken across nominated tooling suppliers.
An excellent permanent job opportunity, our client continues to grow and creates new opportunities for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals who have a passion for automotive engineering & design.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.