Field Sales Manager, Home Counties / East Anglia (TK1)
Our client, a global OEM within the off highway equipment / materials handling sector, have a new opportunity to recruit a Field Sales Manager to manage, lead, and develop a team of Regional Salespersons across the Home Counties and East Anglia region.
The Field Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing frontline leadership throughout the regional sales function across the territory
- Recruiting, managing, developing, and motivate the field based sales team
- Setting and delivering sales targets as agreed with the Sales Director.
- Keep abreast of the materials handling market both in terms of product knowledge and market profiles
- Identifying and winning new business together with expansion of the existing customer base
- Formulate and implement sales and marketing strategies to achieve agreed targets including new business, customer retention, market share, market awareness, territory coverage, profitability, and product group bonuses.
- Formulate and implement sales and marketing strategies to achieve set targets for new unit sales, used unit sales, and short term rental sales.
- Develop and provide weekly and monthly management reports against agreed criteria and measures. Supply accurate business forecasting on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Monitor sales performance and activities within an agreed company sales strategy.
- Ensure that the company’s standards and policies are adhered to and maintained.
- Identify and implement training needs and assist where necessary ensuring the ongoing personal development of the sales team.
- Assist the sales team to prepare, present, and win orders.
- Undertake any special sales and marketing projects as directed by the company.
- Develop strategies for first class customer relationships.
- Lead and run regular sales meetings to inspire and develop the sales team.
- Work in partnership with other departments to ensure the company objectives are met.
- Ensure high standards of administration from self and the sales team. Maintain all company sales aids in good order
The Field Sales Manager will demonstrate:
- Direct sales experience, ideally capital goods equipment or logistics, preferably within the Materials Handling industry.
- Product, sector and industry knowledge, commercially minded.
- Knowledge of storage and logistics systems, PC literate
- Understanding of marketing principles and account planning processes.
- Able to communicate convincingly both orally and in writing to all levels.
- Numerically competent
- Experience of selling equipment and service contracts
The Field Sales Manager will be compensated with:
- Basic salary up to £55,000pa Dependant on Experience
- Bonus and commission based on sales achievements of the team – OTE of £70,000pa+
- Fully expensed company car and benefits
- 25 days leave
- Competitive pension and voluntary benefits package
The position will hold regional responsibility and therefore applicants should be based in or available to relocate to the Home Counties or East Anglia region, to include Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk or Essex and surrounding areas.