Gauge Engineer (RB1)
We are currently looking to recruit a Gauge Engineer (Gauge R&R) for an automotive client located in the West Midlands.
The primary function of for the Gauge Engineer is to support gauge design issues, liaising with Engineering, Metrology and external suppliers with regard to set piece and fixture limitations so as to achieve optimum gauge function on service.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ability to set and calibrate all gauges
- To be fully conversant with the Gauge Recall and Calibration system
- Understanding in-process gauging systems (e.g. Marposs flagging gauges)
- Liaising with suppliers to help diagnosis of faults requiring external assistance
- Able to repair mechanical and basic electrical functions and create programs as required for new components/features
- Ability to create and set adjustable gauging to a given set of criteria for a given feature
- Working closely with Metrology Engineer to ensure that gauging requirement is fully understood, and the proposals satisfactorily implemented.
- To complete and organize Gauge sign off’s at suppliers and to train, and sign off once gauges are shipped to manufacturing plant.
- Liaise with Manufacturing personnel to confirm that gauge configurations are sympathetic to planned process flow.
- Critically analyse robustness of supplier design and manufacturing timeline.
- Manage the completion and supply of all gauging equipment documentation packs.
- A professional team player who can also manage own time and work alone.
- Self Motivated & Self Disciplined
- At least 2 years Gauge manufacturing experience
- Exposure to Automotive Industry methods and approach.
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Full Understanding of Gauge R and R
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to create reports and timing plans ( Excel, Power point)
- Ability to trouble shoot in high pressure situations.
Candidates should have experience in a similar role, have effective communication skills and be able to work efficiently to tight timing plans.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.