Key Account Manager (RB1)
Customer Account Manager, Sales Account Manager
A globally recognised automotive 1st tier supplier are looking to strengthen their commercial and engineering team with the successful appointment of a Customer Account Manager/Key Account Manager.
With proven 1st tier automotive experience, the Key Account Manager will manage the day to day commercial activities with UK based OEM’s, specifically JLR.
As Key Account Manager you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and supporting new business opportunities and responding to RFQ’s for new models.
- Determining pricing strategies using internal profitability tools in preparation for submitting quotations.
- Working with the commodity project manager to control all aspects of commercial / pricing / and tooling cost activities.
- Ensuring engineering change costs are captured in mass production cost follow activity.
- Being first point of contact for customer and ownership of customer concerns whilst successfully managing and leading customer meetings and cost reviews.
- Commercial control of change management and assist with annual price negotiations.
- Should be educated to degree level of HNC/HND with relevant career experience.
- Must have proven experience in a similar role within an automotive 1st tier supplier arena, preferably working with highly complex components.
- Will have previous experience in OEM customer facing commercial role, preferably JLR
- Should demonstrate excellent understanding of commercial principles, costing systems and quotation tools and be able to demonstrate full delivery of RFQ’s.
- Will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be organised, disciplined, with a flexible approach.
The person will be an experienced individual with some knowledge of automotive OEM processes who can quickly become an effective member of the commercial team. A self-starter, with a professional and confident approach, with the ability to operate effectively with minimum supervision will be important.
- Full comprehension of MS Office including MS Project, Excel and Powerpoint.
- High level communication skills
- Demonstrates effective organisation skills, be disciplined, and flexible.
- The Ability to quickly grasp design, quality, manufacturing, and logistical issues and how they impact commercial on the business
- Excellent awareness of JLR, their systems and how they operate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading 1st tier suppliers who through continued development and innovative technologies continue to win major programmes with UK based car manufacturers.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.