Manufacturing Engineer (RB1)
Manufacturing Engineer required to join a leading 1st tier supplier of interior trim solutions to UK based OEM’s.
From a state of the art manufacturing facility in the North West of England, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for driving & providing hands-on manufacturing engineering support within a high volume JIT facility, leading to improvement of the productivity, and operating efficiency of the manufacturing resources of the company.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will also be responsible for:
- Supporting operational demands of the business
- Supporting launch activities for new products / programmes
- Supporting change management philosophy and mentoring teams to achieve company targets and ambitions
- Optimising plant layout to improve material flow and overall equipment efficiency (OEE)
- Improve quality and delivery through implementation VA/VE and cost saving initiatives.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level or HNC/HND with relevant automotive manufacturing experience.
You will have advanced knowledge of continuous improvement tools & techniques to include KAIZEN, Lean Manufacturing, PFMEA/FMEA, VA/VE, 5S and line balancing.
Candidates should have proven automotive manufacturing experience, preferably 1st tier supplier, couple with excellent communication and planning skills. You will have the ability to work under pressure in a systematic and controlled process to ensure PPS skills are adopted to aid process and manufacturing efficiency.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.