Operations Manager – Warehouse and Transport (SB1)
We are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager to be located in Birmingham/West Midlands area.
As Operations Manager you will be charged with leading and motivating teams to maintain cost management and safety with in the business. You will effectively manage operational change and process improvements through adoption of best practice and by using systems to advantage.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Day to day running of the operation and driving best practice across logistics and warehouse operations whilst ensuring a strong and positive H&S culture is embedded and full legal compliance maintained.
- Leadership, management and development of the operational team, ensuring that the team are multi skilled in all disciplines, providing a flexible workforce that can adapt to changes to meet business requirements.
- Promote and develop clear and accurate productivity and efficiency KPIs to manage and improve the productivity of the workforce.
- Review warehouse operations process to drive efficiencies in best practise, customer service and reduce waste and overtime.
- Review transport requirements to optimise service and delivery
- Ensure that effective systems are in place to cover all legal and company requirements relating to HASAW (Health And Safety At Work).
The successful candidate with have experience in a similar role, specifically FMCG warehouse/logistics environment along with the following:
- Management CPC
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Change Management and strong communication skills
- Previous experience in management positions in both Transport and Warehousing
- Systems expertise in ERP, Warehouse Management Systems and Routing & Scheduling packages
- A strong Customer Focus (both internal and external) and a commitment to quality, excellence and continuous improvement.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.