Process & Tooling Engineer (RB1)
We are currently looking to recruit a Process Tooling Engineer for a West Midland based 1st tier supplier of interior/soft trim products.
As Process/Tooling Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Engineering Team to ensure that process are robust and feasibility carried out from inception through to tooling and equipment trails.
- Identify data for capital investment, tooling cost, work system, cycle times, manpower required to deliver tooling and components
- Creation of machine- and tool specifications and feasibility assessment of production concerning tool and process design by means of CAD data.
- Optimizing and development of production processes and tool technology to achieve optimum quality
- Creating production layouts in conjunction with manufacturing and support in standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level within an engineering subject and relevant automotive experience.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate expertise from one or more of the following processes: Thermoforming, Injection Molding, PUR foaming, Die-Cutting, Water Jet Cutting
You will have detailed knowledge of automotive industry standards and processes involved to include Lean Production, and TPM as well as experience in project planning and implementation
Applicants should also have excellent IT Skills, MS Office and experience with 2D CAD systems, e.g. AutoCad would be a distinct advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading automotive suppliers of soft trim/interior trim solutions.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.