Rob Bray (RB1)
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer/Manager for an automotive supplier located in North Midlands area.
As Project Engineer/Manager you will ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within approved budget and profitability, by planning, implementing and tracking all necessary actions from receipt of RFQ through to full product delivery.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure the correct execution of projects
- Lead the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage relationships with customer to ensure satisfaction and any potential risk to project is closed out before escalation.
- Create a detailed project timing plan and monitor the progress to minimize project risks
- Manage changes according to company procedures and provide all necessary information to Costing and Commercial departments to support all quoting activities affecting to project and to new businesses.
The successful candidate will;
- Have previous experience of working in the automotive 1st/2nd tier supply industry, preferably with excellent knowledge of plastic injection moulding and tooling.
- Be suitably qualified either degree or HNC/HND with relevant practical experience.
- Be able to create reports and appropriate project documentation for clients eg RFQ, PPAP, APQP etc
- Have excellent levels of commercial acumen and be main point of contact for new business opportunities.
- Create timing plans, monitoring, ensuring plans are adhered to and liaise with clients on project progress
This is an excellent opportunity for someone ready to make the move in to perhaps their second role in to the project arena.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.