Project Quality engineer
A globally recognised automotive 1st tier supplier are looking to strengthen their engineering team with the appointment of NPI Quality Engineer/Project Quality Engineer.
As Project Quality Engineer, the successful candidate will be tasked with:
- Leading all relevant program related activities within the plants, ensuring all products meet the defined standards.
- Support NPI process ensuring PPAP compilation and submission to customer meet agreed project timing.
- Support quality assurance agreements with suppliers and ensure suppliers are capable of delivering against project timing plan
- Customer & supplier liaison as well as feedback in to the larger project teams.
- Applying problem solving using quality tools (6-sigma, 8D, Ishikawa, 5-why, etc).
- Support internal process audits to TS16949 (IATF16949) / VDA 6.3 requirements.
- Lead Project APQP activities in line with NPI requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Hold suitable engineering qualifications, Degree or HND with relevant automotive experience.
- Be qualified to Six Sigma Green Belt as a minimum
- Have proven experience working in the automotive sector, preferably 1st / 2nd tier automotive arena
Candidates should have excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, and excel). You should have high level communication and planning skills coupled with the ability to manage your time effectively to support project deliverables and gateways. Excellent knowledge and awareness of IATF16949 & ISO14001, VDA6.3, PPAP and APQP is highly desirable.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.