Quality Technician (RB1)
A Leading 1st tier supplier located in the North West of England (Liverpool/Warrington/Cheshire) are currently looking to recruit a Quality & Metrology Technician to join their expanding quality team. With previous experience working within the automotive quality arena, preferably tier 1, the Quality & Metrology Technician will be responsible for:
- Supporting team of Goods Inwards Inspectors checking quality and conformity of all incoming, bought in parts.
- Conducting dimensional reviews and ensure accurate data is recorded and maintained to schedule.
- Update product audit reports as necessary and input dimensional data and address any non-conformities accordingly via Non-Conforming Material Reports.
- Maintain day-to-day goods inspection & investigation activities, ensuring all production products, which need review, are actioned and verified for manufacturing purposes.
- Support the Manufacturing Department and Quality Engineers with problem resolution.
- Through dimensional verification, approve/ reject Supplier PPAP Samples in accordance with customer specific requirements and automotive standards and inform quality team members.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent metrology skills with practical knowledge in the fundamentals of precision measurement using CMM and other measuring devices.
- Ideally be trained as an Apprentice Quality Technician in an automotive manufacturing environment, with proven experienced in use of Inspection Measuring, Test Equipment etc…
- Be computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Use statistical tools to analyse part conformance and capability, SPC, 8D etc…
- Have previous knowledge and awareness of IATF16949.
- Be able to work on own initiative to close out any corrective actions and communicate back to internal decision makers.
This is a day’s based role, working for a leading supplier of injection moulded and assembled components, previous knowledge of JLR systems and procedures would be advantageous.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.