Senior Buyer (RB1)
A global automotive 1st tier supplier is currently looking to recruit a Lead Buyer/Senior Buyer to be based at their manufacturing facility located closely to the West Midlands/Birmingham area.
With proven experience of working within the automotive arena, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for improving supplier performance in production considering Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Identification and implementation of productivity actions (product / process) for cost reduction, in close coordination with Commodity teams
- Monitor productivity performance for supplier perimeter through cross-functional teamwork in the plants
- Ensure Buyers achieve the Purchasing targets/budgets for local plants.
- Support the Supply Chain team to improve supplier On Time Delivery in Full
- Take an active part in project kick off phase for start of Production.
- Lead negotiation for Engineering Change Requests in close relationship with commodity teams
The successful candidate should hold suitable qualifications, Engineering Degree or HNC/HND with direct experience across the automotive procurement and supply chain.
You should be able to demonstrate high levels of negotiation skills together with good level planning and communication skills.
Candidates that can clearly show solid experience in productivity improvement / lean management methodology will have a distinct advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the World’s leading Full Service Suppliers to UK and European automotive OEM’s.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time