Software Project Manager (RB1)
We are currently looking to recruit a Software Project Manager for a globally recognised automotive supplier located in the West Midlands region.
As Software Project Manager you will be responsible for managing software development activities whilst coordinating closely with Program and Quality Management Teams, leading a team of engineers to develop software products that achieve customer goals and business objectives.
As Software Project Manager you will also be responsible for:
- Coordinating activities of the Software and Control Systems Development team to meet company and customer project objectives.
- Reporting progress of software development activities against the plan to project teams and internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all Software and Control Systems activities follow development procedure and comply to relevant industry standards (ISO26262 and ASPICE).
- Ensuring that detailed documentation and technical evidence files for software development meet project/customer/quality requirements (includes configuration management, product requirements management/traceability, software development, hardware/software integration, validation/verification and software release plans).
- Utilise traditional and Agile project management techniques to maximise productivity and quality, and to minimise delivery times.
- Develop, maintain and execute software development plans, assessing timing and resource whilst managing potential project risks and issues.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Certified to industry level in Project/Program Management (PMI, AGILE, 6-Sigma, PRINCE2).
- Experienced with application of the automotive system/software development process, Automotive SPICE (ASPICE).
- Experienced in Agile software development techniques.
- Practical knowledge of automotive electric machines.
- Experienced with industry standard project management, software development and modelling tools (MS Project, PLM/ALM tools, MATLAB, Simulink, TargetLink, JMAG, Vector DaVinci toolchain, CANdela, Tasking compilers, CANalyser)
- Qualified to degree level (2:1) in an appropriate engineering discipline, Computer Science or Systems Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years in an Automotive Software Development Environment with at least 5+ years in Software Program Management.
- Experienced in the role of a Software Project Manager in software development projects within the automotive arena, OEM or tier 1.
- Proven practical experience in software development or systems engineering.
- Excellent team leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation.
- Methodical with good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a globally recognised automotive supplier of niche “Software & Control Systems” based in the West Midlands with opportunities to travel globally to deliver projects successfully.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.