Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (RB1)
SQA Engineer, Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit an automotive biased Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA Engineer) for an automotive 1st tier supplier located in North Midlands/Wolverhampton area.
As SQA Engineer, you will lead problem resolution through application of PPS (Practical Problem Solving) and validation to ensure effective processes meet and exceed customer expectations.
You will also initiate and drive focused kaizen/continuous improvement initiatives and resolve any issue that causes defect flow and risk to the customer.
Additional duties & responsibilities will include:
- Ensure NPI activities are undertaken in a timely and efficient manner and that customer gateway timings are met, and any risk escalated appropriately
- Ensure quality standards / expectations are understood for each customer, effectively communicated throughout operations to include second tier supply chain.
- Ensure all non-conformances are challenged, escalated, understood through thorough investigation (8D), and systems put in place for non-conformance prevention.
- Ensure all purchased/incoming parts conform to customer expectation / design requirements and verify processes in order to produce right first time parts and products.
The successful candidate:
- Will be educated to degree level or HNC /HND in an engineering discipline.
- Will have a least 2 years’ post qualification work experience in a similar role within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Will have sound understanding of APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA, 8D, together will relevant Continuous Improvement/KAIZEN experience.
- Will have high level problem solving abilities couple with excellent communication and planning skills.
- Proven knowledge of ISO9001/ ISOTS16949/ISO14001/OHSAS18001 (IATF & VDA) and Auditing skills.
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.