Workshop Engineer, Thame (TK1)
Our client, a globally-recognised OEM within the in off-highway machinery, plant machinery, forklift truck, and associated materials handling equipment sector have an exciting new vacancy for a Workshop Service Engineer to join their service team based at their facility in the Oxfordshire region. This role would be commutable from Oxford, Aylesbury, Bicester, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes and surrounding areas.
The Workshop / Depot-Based Service Engineer will be responsible for:
- Carrying out service, maintenance and repair work as required on a range of off-highway equipment and materials handling machinery
- Identifying faults or sub-standard equipment and addressing accordingly
- Carrying out Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM) and Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) of new machines
- Supporting major overhaul and repair work on used equipment
- Compiling reports and completing documentation to support workshop-based activity
- Observing industry best practice and H&S standands at all times
The successful Workshop / Depot-Based Service Engineer will demonstrate:
- Relevant technical qualification, ideally a technical apprenticeship or similar
- Previous experience working on similar equipment such as forklift trucks, plant machinery, powered access equipment, agricultural machinery or groundcare machinery
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills to manage priorities
The successful Workshop / Depot-Based Service Engineer will command:
- A basic salary of up to £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Overtime paid at additional rates
- Company pension and employee benefits package
- In-depth and ongoing product training with a leading organisation with long term opportunities for personal growth and development
M-Tec Engineering Solutions is a leading supplier of Permanent, Interim and Project Management Recruitment Solutions to the Automotive and General Engineering sectors.
Due to the overwhelming response to vacancies in this current climate, if you have not heard from us within the next two weeks you have been unsuccessful at this time.